Anna Ruby Falls Recreation Area & Visitor Center
Spectacular Anna Ruby Falls lies in the heart of the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest and has become one of North Georgia’s premier spots to visit. The Recreation Area consists of a visitor center with local crafts, educational items and clothing, picnic spots, fishing, and of course the paved hiking trail to Anna Ruby Falls. Throughout the year, the Visitor Center hosts public programs and activities ranging from stargazing to viewing the Foxfire – a special algae that glows in the dark! Taking a trip to Helen, GA? Anna Ruby Falls is a short drive away, and only a few hours from Atlanta. In short, we’re the perfect place to relax and unwind! Be sure to visit our other beautiful Recreation Area, Brasstown Bald, located just a short drive away!
To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
Things to Do
- View incredible waterfalls and creeks – all along a beautiful (1) one mile paved hiking trail
- Hiking & picnic opportunities
- Beautiful Brasstown Bald – the highest point in GA, just a short drive away
- School & private group programs
- Wildlife viewing
- Lion’s Eye Trail, designed for people in wheelchairs and those with visual disabilities
- The Bavarian village of Helen, GA is very close and Atlanta only a few hours away
Food & Facilities
- Open Year Round
- Gift shop & general store
- Visitor Center featuring local crafts, gifts and educational items
- Hiking trails
- Snacks and drinks available on-site
- Groceries & restaurants in Hiawassee, Blairsville and Helen, GA
- Dogs are permitted, but must be on a leash at all times. Owners must clean up after their pets.
Hours & Fees
- 9:00 am -6:00 pm
- In case of wintry weather, please call ahead.
- Open Year Round
- $3.00 Admission Fee per person ages 16 & up
- Free admission for Senior Access & Interagency Pass Holders
Location & Contact Info
3455 Ann Ruby Falls Road
Helen, GA 30545
Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest