Brasstown Bald Recreation Area & Visitor Center
Brasstown Bald is open for the season! The $5 admission fee includes shuttle service to the top. The recreation area, including the parking lot, Summit Trail and observation deck, is always open (weather permitting) to the public. Please call ahead to verify our open hours. After hours fee is $3 for individuals over 16 years of age.
Brasstown Bald, GA, rising 4,784 feet above sea level, is Georgia’s tallest mountain. Its incredible 360 degree view allows you to see Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and South Carolina on a clear day. The changing seasons on Brasstown Bald offer visitors the opportunity to experience the wonders of nature for most of the year. You’ll have the opportunity to shop at our unique gift shop, tour a visitor center that focuses on Georgia history, geology and the natural world, and watch a 15-minute movie about the incredible changes to the Brasstown landscape during the year. Brasstown Bald is close to the towns of Helen, Blairsville, and Hiawassee, GA. Atlanta is only a few hours away, which makes it the perfect place to visit on your next Georgia camping trip. For mountain scenery and fall color, look no further than Brasstown Bald Visitor Center! Be sure to visit our other beautiful Recreation Area, Anna Ruby Falls, just a short drive from here.
2018 Signature Program “Gazers of the Galaxy” Every Friday night in May and June!
To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
Things to Do
Food & Facilities
- Viewing platform on the highest peak in GA!
- Shuttle service to summit
- Gift shop & general store
- Exhibit hall
- Hiking trails
- Picnic areas
- Mountain Top Theatre
- Dogs are permitted, but must be kept on a leash at all times. Owners must clean up after their pets.
Programs & Events
Register for events here:
Hours & Fees
- May – November (peak season) open daily 10am-5pm
- December – April as weather allows. Please call to verify hours of operation.
- $5.00 per person ages 16 and up – includes shuttle service
- Free for Senior Access & Interagency Pass Holders – does not include shuttle service Shuttle Service for passholders – $2.00
Location & Contact Info
Gift Shop: 706-896-4137
Visitor Center: 706-896-2556
Blue Ridge Ranger District: 706-745-6928