Lake Winfield Scott Recreation Area & Campground is currently closed. Please check back soon for more info.
Situated high in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest, Lake Winfield Scott Recreation Area allows you to experience Georgia camping at its finest. The 18-acre lake was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930’s and offers ample opportunities to swim, fish, boat & hike. Sleep under the stars on one of the 31 beautiful campsites, or rent a two-story cabin, accommodating up to 12 people. The Bavarian village of Helen, GA is close by and Atlanta is less than two hours away. Groceries in Blairsville are only 16 miles away. If you’re looking for true beauty, visit Brasstown Bald Recreation Area – Georgia’s tallest mountain and an incredible 360 degree view. The Bald is only 23 miles from Lake Winfield Scott. Escape the hustle and bustle and visit the best in Georgia mountain camping at Lake Winfield Scott! Take a look at our other nearby campground, Morganton Point, for more camping options.
To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
Events & Things to Do
- 3 hiking trails here at Lake Winfield Scott – easy to moderate difficulty
- Hike the trail to spectacular Anna Ruby Falls nearby
- Visit Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia
- Shop the bavarian village of Helen, GA
- Area Waterfalls of the Blue Ridge & Chattooga River Ranger Districts
- Hiking Trails on the Blue Ridge Ranger District
- Atlanta is only a few short hours away
- Currently closed due to COVID-19.
- Open year round (camping north loop only mid-November to early April, limited services)
- Two-story cabin for up to 12 people (early April through November)
- 31 campsites for tent and RV camping
- 14 campsites reservable in South Loop
- 16 campsites on North Loop (year-round) Sites #21-37
- Picnic tables, fire rings and grills
- Modern facilities with hot showers
- Day use area for swimming, fishing & boating
- Two picnic shelters, available by reservation
- Group camping area (4 campsites)
- Campground Map
- A dump station is nearby at Vogel State Park. (7.8 miles away, $5.00 fee)
Reservation & Contact Info
Or call Toll Free: 1-877-444-6777 to make a reservation
439 Lake Winfield Scott
Suches, GA 30572
Single Campsite – 5 persons & 2 vehicles: $18
Single Campsite w/ 50amp Electric: $30
Double Campsite – 10 persons & 4 vehicles: $36
Group Camping – $45
Cabin Rental: $95 per night
Day Use Info
- Day Use Area is open year round
- Day Use Parking – 1-8 persons: $5 per vehicle
- Day Use Parking – Buses & Vans: $5 per vehicle plus $1 per person
- Annual Day Use Pass: $30
- Small Picnic Pavilion: $40
- Large Picnic Pavilion: $80
Love the RV Lifestyle?
Be a Camp Host!
Being a host with the CFAIA is an exciting opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, meet new friends and provide assistance and information to visitors. Learn more about Camp Hosting here at Lake Winfield Scott Recreation Area or any of our other locations in Georgia, North Carolina or Indiana.