Pisgah Visitor Center is currently closed. Please check back for more information soon!
Pisgah Visitor Center, located within the Pisgah Ranger Station, lies at the entrance to one of Western North Carolina’s greatest treasures – the Pisgah National Forest. Operated by the US Forest Service, the visitor center is the gateway to thousands of miles of trails, forests and waterways. This is where your vacation starts by collecting information on hiking and biking trails, fishing locations and requirements, campgrounds and much more. While you’re here, browse our gift shop and pick up trail maps, identification books, t-shirts and various nature-related toys and gifts. Many of the products offered in our gift shop are also available on-line through the Forest Store of the Cradle of Forestry Interpretive Association.
If you can’t find what you need at this location, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
Things to Do
- Hike the Andy Cove Nature Trail and make your way across the suspension bridge!
- Cool off at nearby Sliding Rock
- Visit the Cradle of Forestry Heritage Site just a few miles up the road
- Visitor Information
- Gift shop
- Exhibit hall
- Hiking trails
- Picnic areas
Programs & Events
Davidson River Campground is just across the road.
- Mid April – Mid November (peak season) open daily 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Mid-November thru Mid-April 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location & Contact Info
Visitor Center: 828-877-3265
Pisgah Ranger Station
1600 Pisgah Highway
Pisgah Forest, NC 28768