Morganton Point Recreation Area & Campground
Deep within the Chattahoochee National Forest in Northeast Georgia lies an incredible camping and recreation opportunity. Morganton Point Recreation Area sits on the shores of Lake Blue Ridge – a 3,290-acre lake that boasts 60 miles of shoreline and ample outdoor activities. The day use area offers secluded swimming, hiking trails, picnicking, boating and fishing. Looking to spend the night? Morganton Point Campground provides over 40 campsites, including group camping and walk-in opportunities. The Bavarian village of Helen, GA is close by, the charming town of Blue Ridge is nearby, and Atlanta is less than two hours away. If you’re looking for true beauty, check out the incredible 360 degree view at Brasstown Bald Recreation Area – Georgia’s tallest mountain. The Bald is only 42 miles from Morganton Point. Escape the hustle and bustle and visit the best in Georgia camping at Morganton Point Campground! Take a look at our other nearby campground, Lake Winfield Scott, for more camping options.
To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
Things to Do
- Beautiful Anna Ruby Falls close by and Atlanta is only a few short hours away
- Visit Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia
- Stand up paddling and guided kayak tours with Lake Blue Ridge Outfitters
- Bavarian village of Helen, GA is nearby
- Hiking Trails of the Blue Ridge Ranger District
- Area Waterfalls on the Blue Ridge and Chattooga Ranger Districts
- Toccoa River Canoe Trail
- Experience more north Georgia camping at Lake Rabun Beach, Lake Russell, and Lake Winfield Scott.
- Hiking, swimming & fishing at nearby Vogel State Park
- Open April – October
- 43 sites for tents and RVs
- Picnic tables, fire rings and grills
- 2 Double sites and 7 walk-in sites
- Beach access for swimming, fishing and picnicking on Lake Blue Ridge
- Showers, flush toilets and water available
- Hiking trails
- Paved Boat Launch
- CAMPGROUND MAP
Contact & Reservation Info
Or Call Toll Free 1-877-444-6777 to make a reservation.
475 Lake Drive
Morganton, GA 30560
Day Use Info
- Day Use Parking 1-8 persons $5 per vehicle
- Day Use Parking – Buses & Vans: $5 per vehicle plus $1 per person
- Annual Day Use Pass: $30
- Small Picnic Pavilion: $30
- Standard Campsite – 8 persons & 2 vehicles: $18
- Double Campsite – 16 persons & 4 vehicles: $36
- Group Camping – $30
*Only cash and checks accepted at this facility.
*Federal Interagency Senior/Access discounts only apply to single standard site rate. Does NOT apply to any other items or services. Card holder must be present on site to use discount.
Love the RV Lifestyle?
Become a Camp Host!
Being a host with the CFAIA is an exciting opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, meet new friends and provide assistance and information to visitors. Learn more about Camp Hosting here at Morganton Point or any of our other locations in Georgia, North Carolina or Indiana.