Black Mountain Campground & Briar Bottom Group Site
To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
Because these campgrounds are in a remote area, GPS may not be accurate. Please follow these instructions from either Interstate 40 or Burnsville, NC. If you need further instructions, please call the campground office at 828-675-5616.
Things to Do
- Weekend programs in the campground Memorial Day – Labor Day
- Mount Mitchell State Park
- Travel the Mount Mitchell Scenic Byway, a 52-mile mountain drive, packed with vistas among the peaks and valleys of Yancey and Madison County
- Schedule a private hiking tour in Pisgah National Forest with The Pisgah Field School
- Parkway Playhouse
- Visit Setrock Creek Falls near the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Eclectic Asheville, NC only an hour away
- Hiking trails
- Open April – October
- 46 primitive campsites
- Two campsites with electric hook ups
- Modern bathrooms with hot showers
- Campsites with river access
- Picnic tables, tent pads & fire rings
- 6 group campsites for 50 people each
- Hiking & biking trails, fishing, tubing and many other recreational activities available
- Firewood and ice available for purchase
- Campground Map
- Black Mountain Campground Rules
- Briar Bottom Group Site Rules
Reservation & Contact Info
Black Mountain Campground Ph: 828-675-5616
50 Black Mountain Campgrd. Rd.
Burnsville, NC 28714
Reserve Your Campsite at Black Mountain Now! Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 1-877-444-6777
Briar Bottom: 828-675-9805
Check for Blue Ridge Parkway road closures in the area: Real-Time Road Closures
Single Site -$22 Maximum Occupancy: 8 persons, 2 cars
Double Site – $44 Maximum Occupancy: 16 persons, 4 cars, 4 tents
Electric Sites – $29 (two sites only)
* 50/30/20 amp service to sites #18 and #25 at Black Mountain Campground
Group Sites at Briar Bottom: $65 per night
Credit Cards, Cash, and Checks accepted at this location
Federal Interagency Senior/Access discounts only apply to single standard site rate. Does not apply to any other items or services. Card holder must be present on site to use discount.
Safety in bear country begins before you stay in the campground or hit the trail. Here are a few tips!
Love the RV Lifestyle?
Become a Camp Host!
Being a host with the CFAIA is an exciting opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, meet new friends and provide assistance and information to visitors. Learn more about Camp Hosting here at Black Mountain/Briar Bottom or any of our other locations in North Carolina, Georgia or Indiana.