The Giving Tree Gift Shop
Are you making a trip to the Cradle of Forestry Heritage Site? If so, be sure to check out our gift shop, The Giving Tree! Chock full of gifts and ideas for the outdoor enthusiast, we specialize in trail maps, educational supplies & books, clothing, nature-related toys and much more. We’re located just inside the Forest Discovery Center, Highway 276 north about 4 miles below the Blue Ridge Parkway and approximately 17 miles from downtown Brevard, NC. Many of the products offered in our gift shop are also available on-line through the Forest Store.
To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
Things to Do
- Enjoy the trails here at the Cradle of Forestry Heritage Site
- Enjoy a tasty sandwich on the covered porch by the Cafe
- Scavenger hunt inside the Discovery Center
Food & Facilities
- Gift shop
- Exhibit hall
- Three paved hiking trails
- Picnic areas
Peruse our fresh selection of t-shirts and caps. We have books, toys, and jewelry. Looking for a children’s book about the Blue Ghost Firefly? We have one!
- April – November (peak season) open daily 9 am-5 pm
Location & Contact Info
Visitor Center: 828-877-3130