Lake Rabun Beach Recreation Area & Campground
NOW OFFERING RESERVATIONS! Visit www.recreation.gov.
Cradled in the hills of the North Georgia Mountains overlooking beautiful Lake Rabun, this developed recreation area offers camping, hiking, a multitude of water activities and an opportunity to just relax and absorb the peaceful lake scenery. There are 80 tent and trailer campsites in this family-oriented setting. Lake Rabun is an 835 acre stocked lake and a great place to spend time fishing for Bass, Bream, Perch, Trout and Catfish. While you’re here, be sure to make the invigorating hike to Angel Falls. You’ll be glad you did!
To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
IF PULLING A TRAILER: the best route is to go west on Hwy. 76 for 7 miles; turn left on Charlie Mountain Rd. for 3.5 miles; turn right on Bridge Creek Rd. for 2 miles; turn left on Burton Dam Rd. for 5.4 miles. Campground will be on your left.
Things to Do
- Anna Ruby Falls
- Brasstown Bald Visitors Center, Georgia’s highest point 4,784′ elevation
- Swimming, hiking, fishing, water skiing & boating
- Angel Falls/Panther Falls Hiking Trail (1.7 miles)
- The nearest town is Clayton, GA, a quaint mountain community, which is approximately 15 miles away.
- Tallulah Gorge State Park
- White-water rafting on the ‘wild and scenic’ Chattooga River.
- Experience more northeast Georgia camping at Lake Russell, Lake Winfield Scott and Morganton Point Campgrounds
- Open April – October
- 80 Campsites, first come, first serve
- 21 sites with electricity, and majority have water
- Group Campsite
- Beach & Swimming Area
- Boat Ramp
- Dump Station
- Hiking trails
- Picnic areas
- CAMPGROUND MAP
Reservation & Contact info
4726 Lake Rabun Road
Lakemont, GA 30552
Make an Online Reservation for Lake Rabun Beach Rec. Area Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 1-877-444-6777.
*See note above if pulling a camper
Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest
Day Use Info
- Day Use parking 1-6 persons; $5 per vehicle
- Day Use parking buses and vans; $5 per vehicle plus $1 per person
- Annual Day Use Pass: $30
- Boat Launch $5
- Single Campsite: 5 persons & 2 vehicles, $18
- Single Campsite with 30 amp electric, water at site $29
- Double Campsite: 10 persons & 4 vehicles $36
- Group Campsite $50
*Federal Interagency Senior/Access discounts only apply to single standard site rate. Does not apply to any other items or services. Card holder must be present on site to use discount.
Love the RV Lifestyle?
Become a Camp Host!
Being a host with the CFAIA is an exciting opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, meet new friends and provide assistance and information to visitors. Learn more about Camp Hosting here at Lake Rabun Beach Recreation Area or any of our other locations in Georgia, North Carolina or Indiana.