Hardin Ridge Recreation Area
Opening June 1, 2020 with a phased approach.
On the shores of Lake Monroe, Indiana’s largest lake, Hardin Ridge Recreation Area offers countless ways to enjoy the outdoors. Delight in swimming, boating and fishing at our day use area, or hike one of several trails within Hoosier National Forest. The campground boasts 200 spacious campsites that accommodate anyone looking to spend a little time in the shade. Large, private tent sites are situated on the numerous that make Hardin Ridge look more like a forest in the mountains than the flat lands. Sun or shade, Hardin Ridge is the ultimate in the “family getaway”! Don’t forget to visit our other campgrounds at Indian-Celina and Tipsaw! For the best in Indiana campgrounds, check out these pristine locations.
Things to Do
- Weekend Family Programs Memorial Day through Labor Day in the campground
- Swimming, boating & fishing at Lake Monroe
- Charles C. Deam Wilderness
- Hickory Ridge Lookout Tower
- Pioneer Mothers Memorial Forest
- Lick Creek Settlement
- Hemlock Cliffs
- Wesley Chapel Gulf
- Buffalo Trace
- Clover Lick Barrens
- Walking and Biking Trails
- Opening June 1, 2020 with a phased approach, which includes some site closures, reduced day use parking, and pavilions staying closed.
- Open April 15 – October 25 2020.
- 200 spacious shaded sites
- cabin rentals (bedding not provided)
- Modern facilities within walking distance of sites
- Day use area with picnic shelters, swimming, playground and boating
- Boat ramp
- CAMPGROUND MAP
- CAMPGROUND RULES
Reservation & Contact Info
Make an Online Reservation for Hardin Ridge Rec. Area
Or call Toll Free: 1-877-444-6777 to make a reservation
6464 Hardin Ridge Road
Heltonville, IN 47436
GPS: 39.01028, -86.42889
Campground: (812) 837-9453
Day Use Fees
- Day Use Parking Per Vehicle: $5
- Day Use Parking – Buses & Vans: $5 for driver and $1 for each additional passenger
- Annual Day Use Pass: $35
- Picnic Pavilion: $25
- Standard Campsite – 8 persons & 1 vehicle: $20
- Standard Campsite (Electric) – $27
- Standard Campsite (Electric & Water) – $30
- Double Campsite (Electric): $43
- Cabin Rental: $50 per night plus $75 deposit
- Extra Vehicle Per Night: $5
- This facility accepts cash, checks and credit cards
Love the RV Lifestyle?
Become a Camp Host!
Being a host with the CFAIA is an exciting opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, meet new friends and provide assistance and information to visitors. Learn more about Camp Hosting here at Hardin Ridge Recreation Area or any of our other locations in Indiana, Georgia or North Carolina.