Indian-Celina & Tipsaw Recreation Areas & Campgrounds
If you're looking for the ultimate in weekend getaway or summer vacation spots in Indiana, look no further than Indian-Celina & Tipsaw Recreation Areas. Both areas are on beautiful lakes and boast swimming, boating, fishing and picnic sites. Numerous hiking trails begin in the recreation areas, offering you a moment of solitude within Hoosier National Forest. For those looking for a bit of history, the Rickenbaugh House, a sandstone block house dating back to 1874 is open periodically during the summer months to accommodate the curious. For camping in northern Indiana, check out Hardin Ridge
Campground near Bloomington!
To purchase maps and guide books to this area,
please visit us online at The Forest Store
Things to Do
- Enjoy family weekend programs during the summer at each campground
- Two Lakes Trail
- Lincoln Boyhood Memorial & Living Historical Farm
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are nearby
- Wyandotte & Marengo Caves
- Charles C. Deam Wilderness
- Rickenbaugh House
- Hiking Trails
- Both open April – October
- Spacious, mostly shaded sites for tents & RV’s
- Beach area for swimming, including boat launch & children’s playground at Tipsaw
- Picnic shelters – some large enough for groups
- Modern bath houses
- Hiking trails
Location & Contact Info
GPS: 38.13306, -86.63306
*From St. Croix, Indiana, travel south on State Route 37 about 2 miles to the Indian-Celina Recreation Area sign. Turn right and continue to the campground.
If you need further driving instructions, please contact the campground.
Day Use Info
Day Use Parking Per Vehicle: $5
Day Use Parking – Buses & Vans: $25
Annual Day Use Pass: $35
Picnic Pavilion: $25
- Standard Campsite – 8 persons & 1 vehicle: $20
- Standard Campsite (Electric) – $27
- Double Campsite – $40
- Double Campsite (Electric): $43
- Catbrier RV Sites (Electric & Water): $30
- Primrose Group Site: $35
- Goldenrod Group Site: $40
- Each additional car: $5/day
- These facilities accept cash, checks and credit cards.
Love the RV Lifestyle?
Become a Camp Host!
Being a host with the CFAIA is an exciting opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, meet new friends and provide assistance and information to visitors. Learn more about Camp Hosting here at Indian-Celina or Tipsaw Recreation Areas or any of our other locations in Indiana, North Carolina or Georgia.