Indian-Celina & Tipsaw Recreation Areas & Campgrounds
If you’re looking for the ultimate in weekend getaway or summer vacation spots in Indiana, look no further than Indian-Celina & Tipsaw Recreation Areas. Both areas are on beautiful lakes and offer the perfect opportunity to swim, boat, fish and picnic. Numerous hiking trails begin in the recreation areas, offering you a moment of solitude within Hoosier National Forest. For those looking for a bit of history, the Rickenbaugh House, a sandstone block house dating back to 1874 is open periodically during the summer months to accommodate the curious. Looking for something else to do? French Lick Casino is only a few minutes away. Tour Baden Springs and Santa Clause, IN, also nearby. For camping in northern Indiana, check out Hardin Ridge Campground near Bloomington!
Have you been here before?
To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
Things to Do
- Enjoy family weekend programs during the summer at each campground
- Two Lakes Trail
- Lincoln Boyhood Memorial & Living Historical Farm
- Santa Clause, IN, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are nearby
- Eagles Wings Zipline Tours
- French Lick Casino
- Explore Wyandotte & Marengo Caves
- Charles C. Deam Wilderness
- Rickenbaugh House
- Hiking Trails
- Tour West Baden Springs
- Both open April – October
- Spacious, mostly shaded sites for tents & RV’s
- Beach area for swimming, including boat launch & children’s playground at Tipsaw
- Picnic shelters – some large enough for groups
- Modern bath houses
- Hiking trails
Location & Contact Info
Make an Online Reservation for Indian Celina
Make an Online Reservation for Tipsaw
Or call toll free: 1-877-444-6777 for reservations.
12275 State Road 62
St. Croix, IN 47576
*From St. Croix, Indiana, travel south on State Route 37 about 2 miles to the Indian-Celina Recreation Area sign. Turn right and continue to the campground.
TIPSAW: (812) 843-4891
GPS: 38.13306, -86.63306
Located 6 miles south of Interstate 64 off State Highway 37. Turn at the large entrance sign. The recreation area is a couple miles down this road. Continue down the road to the gatehouse and the recreation complex.
If you need further driving instructions, please contact the campground.
Day Use Info
Day Use Parking Per Vehicle: $5
Day Use Parking – Buses & Vans: $25
Annual Day Use Pass: $35
Picnic Pavilion: $25
- Standard Campsite – 8 persons & 1 vehicle: $20
- Standard Campsite (Electric) – $27
- Double Campsite – $40
- Double Campsite (Electric): $43
- Catbrier RV Sites (Electric & Water): $30
- Primrose Group Site: $35
- Goldenrod Group Site: $40
- Each additional car: $5/day
- These facilities accept cash, checks and credit cards.
Love the RV Lifestyle?
Become a Camp Host!
Being a host with the CFAIA is an exciting opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, meet new friends and provide assistance and information to visitors. Learn more about Camp Hosting here at Indian-Celina or Tipsaw Recreation Areas or any of our other locations in Indiana, North Carolina or Georgia.