Brasstown Bald Recreation Area & Visitor Center
Brasstown Bald, GA, rising 4,784 feet above sea level, is Georgia’s tallest mountain. Its incredible 360 degree view allows you to see Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and South Carolina on a clear day. The changing seasons on Brasstown Bald offer visitors the opportunity to experience the wonders of nature for most of the year. You’ll have the opportunity to shop at our unique gift shop, tour a visitor center that focuses on Georgia history, geology and the natural world, and watch a 15-minute movie about the incredible changes to the Brasstown landscape during the year. Brasstown Bald is close to the towns of Helen, Blairsville, and Hiawassee, GA. Atlanta is only a few hours away, which makes it the perfect place to visit on your next Georgia camping trip. For mountain scenery and fall color, look no further than Brasstown Bald Visitor Center! Be sure to visit our another beautiful Recreation Area, Anna Ruby Falls, just a short drive from here.
To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
Things to Do
Food & Facilities
- Viewing platform on the highest peak in GA!
- Shuttle service to summit
- Gift shop & general store
- Exhibit hall
- Hiking trails
- Picnic areas
- Mountain Top Theatre
Programs & Events
- Mountain Top Wildflower Paint-Along: Watercolor Class
- Walk on the Wildside: Interpretive Wildflower Hike
- Forests to Faucets
- Rattlesnakes of Appalachia
Hours & Fees
- May – November (peak season) open daily 10am-5pm
- December – April as weather allows. Please call to verify hours of operation.
- $5.00 per person ages 16 and up – includes shuttle service
- Free for Senior Access & Interagency Pass Holders – does not include shuttle service Shuttle Service for passholders – $2.00
Location & Contact Info
Gift Shop: 706-896-4137
Visitor Center: 706-896-2556
Blue Ridge Ranger District: 706-745-6928