North Mills River Recreation Area & Campground
North Mills River Recreation Area is a secluded jewel for camping in NC. Each campsite is only a short stroll from the swift, cool, shallow waters of North Mills River. Swim, tube, or fish for Rainbow, Brook and Brown Trout in a beautiful, forested setting. Within 30 minutes you will find downtown Asheville, NC and Hendersonville. In this area, hiking, camping, fishing and biking are the summer activities of choice! Or visit the Cradle of Forestry Heritage Site, located just up the mountain from the campground. Other campgrounds in the area include Davidson River and Lake Powhatan. If you're looking for outstanding hiking and mountain biking, look no further than North Mills River.
Experience some of the best single track biking trails in the southeast. Check out a map of the area
. Plan a visit to North Mills River and you're guaranteed to have an unforgettable experience.
To purchase maps and guide books to this area,
please visit us online at The Forest Store
- Open year round
- Weekend programs Memorial Day - Labor Day
- 31 standard sites, plus one site with full hookup (some reservation sites available)
- Picnic tables, tent pads & fire rings
- Hot showers and flush toilets in bathhouses
- Firewood available for purchase
- Campground map
- Campground rules
Day Use Info
Day use parking – non-commercial: $3
Oversized vehicles: $5 per vehicle (includes driver) plus .50 per person
Annual day use pass (non-commercial): $30
Annual passes after Labor Day: $15
Dump Station (non-registered campers): $10
- Single Sites: Maximum Occupancy of 8 persons & 2 cars – $22
- One Site with Full Hookups – $25 (first come, first serve basis)
- Double Sites: Maximum Occupancy of 16 persons & 4 cars – $44
- Limited Winter Sites: $11 (pit toilets only)
- Small Group Campsites – $40
Love the RV Lifestyle?
Become a Camp Host!
Being a host with the CFAIA is an exciting opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, meet new friends and provide assistance and information to visitors. Learn more about Camp Hosting
here at North Mills River Campground or any of our other locations in North Carolina, Georgia or Indiana.