Davidson River CampgroundDavidson River Campground is nestled just inside the Pisgah National Forest and only 3 miles away from the beautiful town of Brevard, NC. The campground runs along Davidson River, a great place for fishing, tubing, and swimming, and is considered one of the premier trout fishing spots in the southeast. From here you can hike the Art Loeb and North Slope Trails, and right across the street you'll find all the information you need to recreate in the forest at the Pisgah Ranger Station. The Cradle of Forestry Heritage Site, well-known Looking Glass Falls, Sliding Rock, Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education and the Blue Ridge Parkway are just minutes from the campground. Eclectic Asheville, NC is only 45 minutes away, while Charlotte and Atalanta are only a few hours from this incredible spot. Be sure to check out our other campgrounds at North Mills River and Lake Powhatan. Camping in NC ensures you'll have an amazing vacation! To purchase maps and guide books to this area, please visit us online at The Forest Store.
We are located approximately 2 miles inside the Brevard entrance to Pisgah National Forest (on Hwy. 276). If using a GPS, be sure your directions do NOT lead to Davidson River Road.
Things to Do
- Cradle of Forestry Heritage Site
- 9 Easy-To-Find Waterfalls
- Family Friendly Hikes Nearby
- Sign up for a unique natural excursion with the Pisgah Field School
- Pisgah Ranger Station and Visitors Center/Gift Shop
- Sliding Rock
- Hiking and Biking Trails including Estatoe, Exercise, North Slope and Andy Cove
- Art Loeb Trail
- Fishing with Davidson River Outfitters – Here is their Stream Report
- Bracken Mountain Trail in Brevard
- Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education & Fish Hatchery
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Brevard Music Center
- Pisgah Ranger District map/trail guide
- View travel distances to nearby cities and attractions.
- Campground open year round
- Weekend family programs run Memorial Day - Halloween
- 144 campsites for both tents and RV's - most of which are well shaded
- One full loop with electric hook-ups available year round
- Picnic tables, tent pads, fire rings & lantern poles
- Hot showers and flush toilets
- Several campground loops with river access
- Firewood and ice available on site
- Wi-Fi hot spot in parking lot area with plug-in station
- Dump Station
- Campground Map
- Campground Rules
Contact & Reservation InfoMake an Online Reservation for Davidson River Or call toll free to make a reservation: 1-877-444-6777 1 Davidson River Circle (MAILING ADDRESS ONLY) Pisgah Forest, NC 28768 (828) 862-5960 GPS: 35°16’58.06″N, 82°43’16.92″W GPS ADDRESS: 1346 PISGAH HIGHWAY ELEVATION: 2,150 FEET Open Year Round
Camping FeesSingle Campsite: $22.00 Maximum Occupancy: 8 persons, 2 cars Double Campsite: $44.00 Maximum Occupancy: 16 persons, 4 cars
Electric $6.00/dayElectric, Water & Sewer $9.00/day 3rd Vehicle (park in overflow) $5.00/day
- Davidson River accepts cash, checks, and credit cards at the gate house (ATM available at shopping center within 3 miles).
- Federal Interagency Senior/Access discounts only apply to single standard site rate. Does not apply to any other items or services. Card holder must be present on site to use discount.
- Safety in bear country begins before you stay in the campground or hit the trail. Here are a few tips!